Community Improvement Plan
Minden Village Community Improvement Plan
The Township of Minden Hills has developed a Community Improvement Plan for Minden Village with the assistance of Stantec Consulting Ltd. This Plan was adopted by Council on June 27, 2019.
Notice of the Plan’s adoption can be found by clicking on the following link: Notice of Adoption – Minden Village Community Improvement Plan
A copy of the Minden Village Community Improvement Plan can be found by clicking the following link: Minden Village Community Improvement Plan – Approved June 27, 2019
Community Improvement Plans (CIPs) are a sustainable community planning tool used by municipalities to revitalize areas of a city or community through programs, grants and incentives. CIPs also:
- address the reuse and restoration of lands, buildings and infrastructure
- address growth management challenges
- plan for rehabilitation, development and land-use change
The Township recognizes the value of community improvement planning initiatives and identifies opportunities for future work. Under the Planning Act, Community Improvement Plans (CIPs) can be undertaken for environmental, social or economic development reasons.
The Minden Village Community Improvement Plan includes a variety of funding opportunities that are designed to encourage private sector investment, rehabilitation and adaptive reuse redevelopment and construction activity in Minden Village including:
- Design and Study Grant
- Township Fees Grant Program
- Façade Improvement Grant
- Sign Improvement Grant
- Building, Property, and Accessibility Improvement Grant
- Parking Optimization Grant
- Commercial Conversion/Rental Housing Grant
- Public Art Grant
- Multiple Properties Supplemental Grant
- Tax Increment Grant (TIG)
Further information will be made available as the Township begins to implement this plan.