For Immediate Release
Tuesday December 8, 2020
Subject: PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER NOTICE Residents using water from the Lutterworth Pines Well Supply System
Due to a pipe rupture in the pump house the system lost pressure, all residents of the Lutterworth Pines Water System are advised as a precaution to boil their water for at least one (1) minute prior to use or consumption for your protection and until further notice;
The health-unit recommends the following during the time the notice is in effect;
- Water which is to be used for drinking, making baby food, mixing formula or fruit juices, ice, washing fruits and vegetables, or teeth brushing must first be boiled. Begin timing for one minute only after the water has reached a full rolling boil on your stove or in your kettle.
- Store the cooled, boiled water in a container which has been sanitized and has a lid or other means of covering the container. Sanitize the container by washing it in a solution of one gallon of water plus ¼ cup of bleach. Clean your countertops, sinks, dishes and utensils using this solution as well. Do not drink this solution.
- All fruits and vegetables which will not be cooked should be washed in water which you have boiled.
- For hand washing, use treated water (by adding1 ½ ounces of liquid household bleach in 10 gallons of water, stir well, and let stand for at least 10 minutes before using). Do not drink this water. Wash your hands with soap and this treated water. Thorough hand washing with soap is an important step in preventing the spread of bacteria. Make sure hands are properly washed after using the toilet, handling diapers, pets, livestock, and before preparing food.
- Adults may shower with untreated water as long as no water is swallowed. Adults or young children should sponge-bathe instead of using tub baths. Use a clean supply of water if possible.
Once the pressure is restored OCWA will collect bacteriological samples to confirm the loss of pressure did not impact the water quality. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you require additional information, please contact the OCWA office at (705)731-7083
Travis Wilson, Director of Public Works
Township of Minden Hills
PO Box 359, 7 Milne Street
Minden, ON K0M 2K0