For Immediate Release
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Subject: Minden Hills COVID-19 Update
Effective December 26, 2020, all Township facilities are fully closed to the public, until further notice. This measure was undertaken in response to the Provincewide Shutdown and the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic. The Township’s first priority is for the protection of the public and staff.
As a result of the closures, the following are in effect:
• Scheduled in-person meetings with staff from all Municipal Departments will be postponed.
• Landfills remain OPEN with regular levels of service being provided at this time.
• Building inspections will occur on a case by case basis.
• Building and Planning applications will continue to be processed.
• The Agnes Jamieson Gallery and Cultural Centre is closed to the public.
• Administrative call answering services will remain available between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday to Friday, 705-286-1260 or email email@example.com or please contact staff directly at their email or personal extension.
We are asking the public to restrict inquiries to township priority requests only and please understand that it may take longer to reply to messages as staff handle increased phone and email inquiries.
The health and safety of the community is our priority and we will continue to provide updates as information becomes available to us. We encourage everyone to visit our website at www.mindenhills.ca, as well as the following websites, for up to date news and information:
• Public Health Ontario – COVID-19 Public Resources
• Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit – https://www.hkpr.on.ca/
• Ministry of Health – COVID-19covid 19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
• Health Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update
Thank you for your understanding as we work toward keeping our community safe and healthy.
To receive important information and updates, including in the event of an emergency, please ensure that you are subscribed to the Minden Hills website. Do this by simply clicking the Subscribe Here button, located at the bottom of the Minden Hills website, and complete the following:
– Name and email address
– Select any or all of the options listed to receive notifications.
– You will receive a confirmation email thanking you for subscribing.
IMPORTANT: Check your spam folder if you do not receive the confirmation email.
The Municipality will continue to communicate all information by means of media broadcasting and media releases to radio stations, local newspapers and our website.
For Municipal Emergency contact after hours call: 1-866-856-3247
For Emergency Services call: 911
Trisha McKibbin, CAO/Clerk
Township of Minden Hills
PO Box 359, 7 Milne Street
Minden, ON K0M 2K0