Taxation & Finance Information
As a result of the continued reduction in services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following updates are in effect:
Tax Statements for Income Tax Purposes:
Requests for Tax Statements can be mailed to the following address, or placed in the Township drop box labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp. Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box.
Township of Minden Hills
PO Box 359, #7 Milne Street
Minden, ON K0M 2K0
Please include your name, the property roll number, a mailing address, as well as an email address and/or phone number with your request. Requests will be emailed if an email address is provided; otherwise the statement will be mailed through Canada Post.
Requests must be accompanied by a cheque for the applicable fee of $10.00, for each property roll.
Requests will be processed in accordance with COVID19 safety protocols, so please allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for processing.
If your request does not include all of the required information or fee, the Township will not be held responsible for any delays in providing the requested information.
2021 Property Tax Installment Dates:
An update regarding the 2021 Interim Billing will be provided shortly, following the January 28, 2021 Council Meeting.
Interest at the rate of one and one quarter percent (1 ¼%) per month will be levied against taxes owing for previous years (2020 and older).
Preauthorized payment plan withdrawals will continue as scheduled. Ten (10) month plan and Arrears plan payments will be deducted on the last business day of each month. If you have any questions regarding your preauthorized payment plan or post-dated cheques, please call (705) 286-1260, extension 501.
We encourage account holders to utilize the payment methods available:
- Cash and debit payments are currently suspended.
- On-line or telephone banking.
- Payment at financial institutions.
- Cheque-by mail or deposit in the drop box. The secure (locked) drop box is labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp.
Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box.
Payment of all Vendor Accounts (Accounts Payable):
- Will continue according to normal processes.
- Due to the office closure, invoices must be mailed, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or placed in the Township Drop Box – see Drop Box details above.
- Please ensure that invoices include a current mailing address, as the ability to pick-up a cheque at any Township facility has been suspended.
- Cheques will be mailed. The Township does not have the ability to EFT payments at this time, and courier services will not be utilized.
Property Assessment Values and Assessment Review Board:
The Request for Reconsideration (RfR) deadline is typically March 31 of the applicable taxation year. The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, (MPAC) has not made any announcements indicating that this date has been extended due to the state of emergency declared on January 12, 2021. Please check their website at https://www.mpac.ca/ for any updates.
For information regarding Assessment Review Board deferrals and timelines, please refer to the Board’s website under News and Updates: https://elto.gov.on.ca/
Visit the Tax Information page of our website for more information.